The second semester will be devoted to practical farm training in established farm/plantations, or agricultural establishment/institutions. It is 12 units Course. The period will involve practical training in the following areas
- Crop production techniques (permanent, Arable and horticultural crops etc)
- Animal husbandry techniques (cattle, sheep, goats, poultry, pigs and rabbits)
- Crop protection, pests and disease control, Animal health management
- Soil fertility and management
- Farm management and accounting
- Extension practices. Report writing on practical training.
By the end of the practical training year, the students would have acquired a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject of Agriculture in general.