No previous experience or qualification is necessary BUT ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for proficiency Certificates will not be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without acquiring the requisite basic qualifications.
University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C.II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 40 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
1. A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ ‘Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sitting with at least a pass in English Language.
2. A minimum of three (3) merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two (2) sittings.
3. Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies.
4. Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
5. NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificate of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to appropriate degree programmes of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificate would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C.II
Upon successful completion of all the required assignments and examinations, students will be awarded the NOUN Certificate or Diploma.