FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMIC PLANNING
The functions of the Directorate are as follows:
- Coordination of accreditation visits to academic programmes at undergraduate and post-graduate levels in the University.
- Distribution of new instruments used for accreditation exercises.
- To develop strong internal quality assurance mechanism and conduct internal mock accreditation exercises.
- Continuous evaluation of academic programmes rationalization of courses, merging and splitting of departments/units.
- Sourcing for linkages and collaboration with other Universities/Institutions/Organizations in order to exchange collegiality across the globe.
- Compiling and publishing strategic plan for the University.
- Compiling and publishing Academic Brief for the University.
- Forwarding processed applications to the NUC.
- Processing applications for the establishment of undergraduate academic programmes and units to the NUC.
- Ensuring that the BMAS documents are made available to all schools in the University.
- Ensuring compliance by Schools with the BMAS for the various programmes.