The Directorate of Academic Planning is under the Vice-Chancellor’s office. The office is located in the RETRIDAL BUILDING. The directorate provides a range of management information support and planning initiative for the facilitation of informed decision making, planning policy formulation and the overall strategic development of the University.
The directorate is the initial point of contact on matters relating to statistical information and supply of same to Government agencies and non-government parties as well as the wider community. It serves as a bridge between NOUN, The University Commission (NUC) and other stake holders in the maintenance of NUC Minimum Academic Benchmark as well as observance of quality standard and senate Academic Regulations.
To be an effective organ of the University, responsible for ensuring compliance to quality assurance in the University, and to assure and sustain the quality academic programmes, and institutional services with the National Universities Commission (NUC).
To ensure quality academic programmes in compliance with the approved Benchmark Minimum Academic Standard (BMAS) and effective control of resources and other quality instruments required by the NUC in order to meet national needs and global competiveness.
PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES OF THE DIRECTORATE OF ACADEMIC PLANNING
In line with the Vision and Mission of the University, the philosophy of the Academic Planning Department is to enhance efficiency in instruction delivery, in imparting knowledge and learning and in conduct of research in the university and to ensure the generation, publication and dissemination of qualitative ideas, information and knowledge. This is with the ultimate objectives of:
- Ensuring the provision of a conducive teaching, learning and research and development environment for staff and students.
- Ensuring efficient and effective utilization of academic resources.
- Ensuring the compliance of the University’s academic and logistic operations with international practices on open and distance learning models as it relate to academic matters.
- Ensuring compliance of the University with the National Universities Commission (NUC) Guidelines on academic matters; and
- Enhancing the conformity of the university with international academic standards on open and distance learning.