ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR PROGRAMMES IN SCHOOL OF HEALTH SCIENCES
Admission Requirements for B.Sc. Public Health
Candidates intending to enter the B.Sc Public Health Programme must satisfy the University admission requirements as follows:
DIRECT ENTRY (ADMISSION INTO 200 LEVELS)
Candidates may be admitted into 200 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualifications:
- At least five (5) credit level passes at not more than two (2) sittings at the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE/NECO/GCE) examinations in the following
- English Language
- Biology or Health Science,
- Physics or any other science subject.
2. An additional qualification from any health related discipline such as; Community Health Officer Training Certificate (CHO), NCE (Physical/Health Education, Science Education, Nutrition, Home Economics) Health Superintendent, Registered Nurse (RN), Physiology, Medical Laboratory Science, etc.
*1 year post qualification experience is requested to be eligible for admission.
*Admission into 100 level is not available.
Admission requirement for BNSc. Nursing Programme
Candidates intending to enter the BNSc Degree must have the following qualifications:
- Five (5) credit passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE, GCE, NECO in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Registered Nurse or Midwifery Certificates/Diploma of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- A valid practice license issued by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Must have six months working experience and letter of attestation from current place of clinical practice for registration.
- HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, five (5) credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and two (2) other subjects.