Directorate of Management Information System (DMIS)
NOUMIS is the acronym for National Open University of Nigeria Management Information System Directorate. NOUMIS provides the University’s management staff and other stakeholders with accurate and timely information using modern technology, methods and tools. We ensure stability, reliability and consistency in our service delivery of information. In addition to the above, NOUMIS has embarked on inhouse software development and have thus developed and deployed the following applications successfully.
- NOUN Portal System – Admission/Registration System
- Electronic Verification System
- Inmate Admission/Verification/Registration System
- Online Script Submission System
- eTMA – Electronic Tutored Marked Assessment System
- Script Allocation and Score Recording System –
- Electronic Staff Workflow System
The above effort has helped in boosting IT capacity and significantly reducing costly dependence on outside consultants to deliver ICT services to staff and students of NOUN.
Our vision is to enhance service delivery using modern technology, methods and tools.
Our mission is to provide accurate comprehensive and timely information to the university management and stakeholders anytime anywhere.
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining of the Universities applications such as StudWare, the portal of students’ academic, financial and other information.
- Data capturing, data processing, database management, and archiving to support academic activity in an ODL environment.
- Providing timely and reliable report generation to support various departments and units of the University,
- Technical support services for users of the system.