The Directorate of Protocol and General Services was created in June 2012 and it has since remained in operation.
The major functions of the Unit include but not limited to the following:
- Organising the Vice Chancellor’s daily itinerary
- Providing of Protocol Services to the Vice Chancellor and other staff of the University.
- Procurement of entry visas and other travel documents for staff travelling overseas on official engagements.
- Arrangement of hotel accommodation, meet and greet for international guests of the University.
- Carry out other assignments as directed by the Vice Chancellor of the University.
The Directorate of Protocol has to a large extent succeeded in carrying out its mandate from inception to date like the PCF 7 Commonwealth hosting in Abuja 2013, UNESCO in Lagos, etc.
The Directorate of Protocol also has a full complement of Staff which including the following:
- Fatai K. Lawal – Director
- Pilngwa Thliza Lassa – Deputy Director
- Matthew Iyere-Ebojele – Chief Protocol Officer
- Emeka Don-Onu – Chief Protocol Officer
- Mustapha Mustapha – Chief Protocol Officer
- Godwin O. Francis – Principal Protocol Officer
- Oshionebo Williams – Senior Protocol Officer
- Anshagba Joshua – Senior Protocol Officer
- Samuel Jonah – Senior Protocol Officer
- Abdulrahman Abdullahi – Senior Protocol Officer
- Miss Ebele O. Iyela – Higher Executive Officer (Protocol)
- Doherty Adeyinka Azeez – Chief Clerical Officer
The Unit also maintains an operational base at the Lagos Modern Centre of the University and plans to expand its areas of operations in the future.
Barr. Fatai Lawal
Protocol and General Services