Director’s Welcome Statement
Hello everyone. You are warmly welcome to the Directorate of Media and Publicity, NOUN. We are the “eye and ear” of the University as far as publicity and media relations are concerned. We operate a two-way traffic of disseminating and receiving information relevant to both the University and the general public, using the traditional and the modern systems of information exchange.
Director: Malam Ibrahim Sheme
About the Directorate
The Directorate of Media and publicity is under the office of the Vice-Chancellor. The directorate uses various forms of media and communication channels to build and maintain the reputation of the university by providing information to serve as a link between the university and the public. It also liaises with corporate bodies, private and public organisations and stakeholders to effectively promote Open and Distance Learning (ODL) not just at local and regional levels, but also on the international arena. In addition to the above responsibilities, the directorate promotes NOUN products and services through the NOUN newsletter as well as traditional and online media.
In view of the strategic role the Directorate plays in the realisation of the corporate vision and mission of the university through qualitative information delivery, we place unsolicited and solicited information in the mass media.
Objectives and Functions
- Acts as a public relations unit
- Educates the general public about NOUN as the only single mode ODL university in the country
- Projects a positive image of the university
- Co-ordinates all media-related activities of the university especially ceremonies like Convocation and Matriculation
- Co-ordinates information dissemination about the mission and vision of the university
- Carries out advocacy in various forms through distribution of publications and adverts
- Issues press releases about the institution’s events/activities to the media
- Administers the NOUN News group on WhatsApp
- Serves as the watchdog of the university (intermediary between the institution and the general public).
- Places unsolicited and solicited information in the traditional and the new media.
- Operates a wholly dedicated NOUN news website at: https://nounnews.nou.edu.ng/
- We are present on all the popular social media sites, i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and WhatsApp.
- To disseminate credible information about the university and defend its policies.
- To become provider of quality content across all media platforms.
The directorate is mandated with the duties of creating, projecting and sustaining the image of the University through various activities with its stakeholders both internally and externally.
The directorate ensures that the activities of the university reach optimally to the concerned publics through the traditional and online media and the university’s advocacy campaigns which facilitate adequate information to the public.
In all our activities, our core values include:
- Production Excellence
- Content Innovation
- Ethical Conduct
- Editorial Integrity
- To build effective Media Directorate for the University
- Ensure effective professionalism in reporting
- To strengthen and build a result oriented media unit in order to consistently maintain the reputation of the university.
- Production of NOUN News from quarterly to monthly magazine
- Created a Telegram group as a platform for all university staff to effectively and quickly share information about the University.
- Created and maintain pages in the social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, YouTube) where information about the University is easily shared.
- Innovated the appointment of Regional Media Officers for the six geopolitical zones to co-ordinate NOUN media-related activities in the zones.
- Created business relations with selected media organizations where our activities are published.
- Just like the previous Nollywood Ambassadors, we now have NOUN Kannywood Ambassadors who are involved in media advocacy for the institution.
- Production of seven short movies to project NOUN Mission/Vision.
- Operates a wholly dedicated NOUN news website, dedicated to news and information on the internet and to expand our visibility.
- Initiated and implemented advocacy drive at the Abuja International Trade Fair.
- Shoot practical classes for Faculty of Sciences and other faculties.
- Played major role in the coverage of University events: (Convocation, seminars, matriculation, conferences, Inaugural Lectures) as well as technical support.
- Upgrade of NOUN Radio (105.9 FM), Lagos.
- Consistent production of NOUN jingles for Convocation.
- Production of video adverts showcased on television and radio stations.
|2.||Nkanta Nelson Joel||Deputy Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3.||Ojudu Omotola Olajumoke||Chief Exec.Officeremail@example.com|
|4.||Mba Ude Ude||Chief Media Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Gowong Bernard Ambrose||Chief Media Officeremail@example.com|
|6.||Nduba Deborah Ogochukwu||Principal Media Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7.||Onyekwe Ikechukwu Richard||Principal Media Officeremail@example.com|
|8.||Akiga Vihimga Joy||Principal Exec.Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9.||Edozie Loretta||Snr. Media Officeremail@example.com|
|10.||Obierika Miriam||Snr. Media Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11.||Ben-Hirki Ijapari||Assistant Registraremail@example.com|
|12.||Ariyo Abumajeed Akintayo||Admin Officer firstname.lastname@example.org|
|13.||Oyewole EuniceTope||Media Officer email@example.com|
|14.||Inuwa Hamza Yinusa||Snr.Media Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15.||Adewumi Bidemi Micheal||Snr. Linear Editoremail@example.com|
|16.||Ibrahim Kabiru Sule||Snr.Media Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|17.||Undiandeye Ushilifem.L Justina||Media Officer email@example.com|
|18.||Usman Murtala||Media Officer firstname.lastname@example.org|
|19.||Edoka Ene Agatha||Media Officer email@example.com|
|20.||Onicha Azubuike||Tech.Officer firstname.lastname@example.org|
|21.||Ayangbeso Micheal||Admin. Officer email@example.com|
|23.||Geoffrey Banason James||Admin Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|24.||Emem Williams Oshionebo||Media Officer email@example.com|
|25.||Egwu Favour Emaojo||Media Officer firstname.lastname@example.org|
|26.||Agbokutaye Oghenemene Mary||Higher Executive Officer 11|
|27.||Aliobu Emmanuela Onyekachi||Media Officer email@example.com|
|28.||Fayanju Ibikunle Adeola||Chief Clerical Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|28.||Okonkwo Chimezie Lawrence||Higher Tech. Officer|
|29.||Ekenta Theodora Ugochukwu||Confidential Sec||Uekenta@noun.edu.ng|
|30.||Johnson Kehinde||Tech. Officer (Photographer)|
|31.||Okoli Chibuzor Kingsley||Asst. Exec. Officer|
|32.||Olusola Morris||Asst. Exec. Officer|
|33.||Okpala Eucharia Adaobi||Asst. Exec. Officer|
|34.||Adama Sunday||Asst. Exec. Officer|
|35.||Mohammed Sagir Jibril||Driver|
|36.||Mallam Christopher||Environmental Attendant|
|37.||Maryam Mallum||Environmental Attendant|