It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Centre for Human Resource Development (CHRD).
Name: Dr. Aminu Umar
Director, Centre for Human Resource Development (CHRD)
Get in Touch: 08039606787
The Centre for Human Resource Development (CHRD) is an arm of the National Open University of Nigeria whose Objective is to enhance human capital development.
To be the foremost Centre of excellence in manpower development, skills acquisition and lifelong learning by providing flexible, qualitative and cost effective knowledge for societal advancement.
To be the leading human resource development and skills acquisition Centre through an all-inclusive quality assured training that inspires excellence for sustainable development.
Specific objectives of the Centre.
- To provide quality and cost-effective training designed to increase individual and organizational productivity.
- To provide Development Opportunities that enhances knowledge and develop skills that builds capacity for development.
- To create, promote and foster an organizational setting that values development, diversity and growth opportunities for employees.
- To provide individuals and the organization with the tools to respond effectively to current and future customer demands and needs..
- To promote, support and leverage technology resources and tools that enhance workflow efficiency and improve customer service.
- To provide the needed corporate social responsibility to the society.
The Centre for Human Resource Development (CHRD) is structured along specific functional roles as assigned by the University. To this end, the Centre engage skill sets in various fields such as productive skills, innovative thinking and employee readiness to deliver quality and effective service. Using internationally tested and globally accepted methodologies and techniques.
The Centre organizes lectures, workshops, seminars and focused group discussions with various stakeholders, including Governmental, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and the private sector with the aim of equipping employees with contemporary and relevant skills that not only enable them unlock their innate potentials, but also provide opportunities for them to express themselves, productively engage and function at peak performance in the fast changing 21st century world of work.
The Centre cultivates opportunities for innovative thinking and employee readiness to deliver quality and effective services, through deployment of experienced and specialized faculty to impart relevant practice-oriented knowledge in trainees, thereby ensuring that practitioners access and absorb skilled manpower.
The Centre focus on all aspects of human resource development through providing a continuous improvement mechanism that scrutinizes trains, accredit and certify employees for appropriate engagement in organizations that are committed to the nation’s sustainable development.
The Centre commits to harnessing, nurturing and equipping young people with contemporary and relevant skills to productively engage their comparative demographic advantage, creative ingenuity, resilience and raw energy for the benefit of the nation.
The Centre seeks to deepen the traditions of excellence of the University, by extending its frontiers to organize and implement training to Governmental and Non Governmental Organizations aimed at meeting the emerging needs for human capacity development by helping individuals develop critical lifelong skills.
The Centre offers practical-oriented learning modes within the contexts of interactions among trainees and also between trainers and trainees. The training options provided by the Centre are designed to equip trainees with fresh insights into more effective ways of actualizing work schedules, by providing new and adaptable skills.
The Center partners with various Governmental and non Governmental agencies to drive its various objectives and to have impact at scale. Some of these organizations include: Housing Developers Institute of Nigeria, State Governments, Nigerian Youth Chamber of Commerce, Publishing Open Institute, Old Fanteka Market Association kaduna Georgetown Institute of Management & Technology, Human Resource Development and Empowerment Initiative amongst others. Existing partnerships are continuously reviewed and new ones developed as the need arises.
The CHRD is made up of the following three (3) Units:
Manpower Development Unit (MDU)
Access and Skill Acquisition Unit
NOUN Consult and Investment Limited (NOUNCIL)
✅Craft Training (CT)
✅Computing & ICT Training (CICT)
HOME OF MENTORING & SUPPORT SERVICES IN –
1.Training and Consultancy Services
- Recruitment Interview/Promotion Examination/Competency Test
- Needs Assessment
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Painting and Decoration
- Welding and Steel Fabrication
- Tiling and Decorative Stonework
- Electrical Installations
- Plumbing Installations
- Plaster of Paris
- Brick/Block Laying and Concreting
- Skill Acquisition
- Fashion Design and Tailoring
- Beauty Care and Cosmetology
- Hair Dressing
- Bead Making and Wire Works
- Pedicure and Manicure
- Short Courses in ICT
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Management Information Systems
- Web Design
- Software Development
- Other Services Rendered by CHRD as Part of NOUN Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- NOUN STAFF Nursery & Primary School
- NOUN International Guest House
- NOUN Sports Complex
- NOUN Water Factory
- Security Services
- Fire Service
- NOUN Farms