Director’s Welcome Address
The QA Directorate of the National Open University of Nigeria welcomes you to its website.
The QA unit was created in August 2014 in response to NUC’s directive to establish QA Units/Directorates to coordinate quality related matters in Federal Universities. This was upgraded to a directorate on the 14th of October 2021.
In line with the NUC, directives, the Directorate has an eye for details and is committed to improving the processes and performances of each unit in the University through a committee system. It actually acts as the watchdog policing all the activities in the University to ensure quality in meeting or exceeding the stakeholders expectations as regards learning in the ODL system. Again, you are welcome to that institution where Quality is the Watch Word.
Prof.Obhajajie Juliet Inegbedion
Director Quality Assurance
The Vision of the Directorate is to strengthen the quality of institutional practices and service delivery, and to promote a culture of quality through an internal mechanism of continuous self-improvement.
The Mission is to embed a robust quality management system through the development of policies, quality assurance system, guidelines and standards for monitoring, maintaining and improving institutional practices and performance.
By developing an institutional quality assurance system, the National Open University of Nigeria, through its quality assurance unit, seeks to ensure high-quality standards of its provisions and graduate by monitoring, maintaining, and improving institutional practices to meet with the standards and guidelines it has set for itself in line with national and international benchmarks for Open and Distance Learning systems.
Services & Activities
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Sensitization and Training workshops on quality assurance processes and self-review
- Documentation, Monitoring and Quality self-reviews.
- Implementation of Quality Assurance policy guidelines and procedures
- Review reports and improvement plans.
- Past Workshops (Senior Level Management, Headquarters and Study Centre Staff)
- Development of Job Manual and Flow Chart
- Development of University QA Framework and Policy
- Development of Policy for Course Material Design, Development and
- Constitution and Reconstitution of QA Committee
- Policy for the Application of Marking Scheme
- Policy on Moderation of Examination Papers
- Inaugural meeting of the ADHOC Committee on Review of the Draft Quality Assurance (QA) Framework and Open Education Resources (OER) Policies
- Organised a series of sensitisation workshops in conjunction with Staff Training and Development to create awareness among staff (including Study Centre) and build capacity in QA
- Resolving issues with the Nursing Department in the Faculty of Health Sciences towards accreditation.
- Organised seminar with the Heads of Academic Unit on Quality Assurance Procedures in Setting TMA Exams, POP and E-Examination Questions.
- Meeting with the Committee for the Review of Instruments for Monitoring and Evaluation of Examination Process in NOUN
- Virtual meeting with the Desk Officers in the Study Centres
- Virtual meeting with the Desk Officers in the Faculties
- Proposed Quality Assurance Complaint Box
Staff Members by (Rank, Email)